Arastin Squid by Meg Lyman
Character commission for the Wandering Men
WOW. It’s almost here. Labor Day weekend approaches much too quickly!
I want to share with you a bit of my convention preparation, in the hopes that it might help someone someday. First, a bit of background: I’ve never done business at Dragon*Con before, so it’s all new to me. I have two panels in the Art Show and an Artist’s Bazaar table, which is like a Dealer’s table but in the same room as the art show. In slightly organized order:
- Get prints and t-shirts restocked
- Decide what art to put in the show
- Mat it, bag it, price it, put the pre-printed Dragon*Con barcodes on it, and decide on a layout
- Print an inventory (so I know which prints, originals, and t-shirts I have and how many)
- Start and finish a large cephalopod-related painting GAH
- Update my print book (the one I put out front for people to flip through)
- Print out a list for people to sign up for commissions
- Buy candy for the table – free candy stops people like no art can do
- Get ready to PARTY
It’s going to be a blast, but I am not going to enjoy the anticipation like a non-working attendee until I get all these things done. I have a good handle on them… except for the painting. I am not going to sleep this weekend. And I’ll probably not get to post again until after the con.